When the Trust-e-Lead is connected to power the electronic circuits test for Active Polarity and Earth return connectivity, if no faults are detected a GREEN light is given, if a fault is detected a RED light is indicated and power shouldn’t be used. The electronic circuits will continually monitor the status of the M.E.N power whilst your appliance is in use.
A GREEN Light Indicates when
- The incoming Active Power Polarity is correct +
- The Neutral and Earth connections are conducting +
- No elevated Earth voltage is detected greater than Neutral
Note: A Magnetic Test should be conducted to confirm the E-Circuitry is functioning correctly when a GREEN light is given, it should turn RED when a strong magnet is placed within close proximity to the (T) marking on the top of the plug and socket.
Possible Causes for a RED light (If the Lead is connected to any of the following)
- A power source that has an incorrectly located Active Polarity
- A power source that has an open circuit Earth Return Path
- A faulty appliance leaking voltage to a high resistance Earth
- A power system that has a faulty high resistance Earth
- A power source that is not standard Australian MEN reticulation
- A damaged cable is present within the extension lead
- A faulty MEN Earth / Neutral connection point
- Or the E-Circuitry in the lead has faulted
- A un-Earthed (Floating Earth) power system is being used